Why do we observe Passover and other Biblical Feasts in lieu of Easter in our home? Here are a few reasons…
- We desire to live by scripture alone before the face of YHWH.
- We believe 2 Timothy 3:16 that all scripture is for our edification etc. and instruction in righteousness.
- Heavenly Father instructed His Ben Yisra’el (Children of the prevailing God) to observe passover as a lasting ordinance (Exodus 12:14)
- Those who are in Christ are the children of the promise regarded as Abraham’s offspring (Romans 9:8) and therefore have the joy and privilege of entering into worship and service to YHWH on His appointed feasts.
- Pesach/passover as well as the other Biblical feasts are YHWH’s appointed times set apart to meet with His people. They are His Feasts. (Leviticus 23:2)
These are just a few of the reasons we have begun studying and observing the Biblical Feasts. If you are interested in studying this topic further, I invite you to download by clicking here: THE BIBLICAL HOLY WEEK : PASSOVER, THE FEAST OF UNLEAVENED BREAD AND FIRST FRUITS
This article covers the following topics and much more:
- Why Observe the Biblical Feasts instead of Easter
- The Apostolic Tradition concerning Passover/Unleavened Bread
- New Testament Scripture on the Topic
- The difference between Biblical Feasts and Jewish Feasts
- How Easter got into our Christian Culture
- YHWH’s Calendar
- Persecution for Worshiping God According to His Word
To download a simple Christian Passover Meal Haggadah (a telling of the story of Passover) to use with your small group or family Click Here Please.
Let me leave you with one thought to ponder, “Christian, can you reason from the scriptures why the LORD would not want you to observe His Feasts?”
Remember, don’t take my word, test everything, cling to what is good, reject what is evil. (1 Thessalonians 5:21) Be a Berean. (Acts 17:11)